Hello WRMK fans and welcome back to the blog. Chantalle with you today to share this piece of wall art I created with the help of my Heidi Swapp Minc Machine, the Evolution Advanced, and some mixed media supplies.
It’s a combination of watercolour paint, some beautiful teal foil and embellishment layers. I really love the way it turned out – I definitely need to find more time to create art!
As mentioned, the initial layer consists of some broad watercolour strokes in gentle tones. When it was dry, I gave it a mist with some white Dylusions mist together with my very favourite Dear Lizzy stencil.
Over that, I then used a Heidi Swapp Art Screen with some Heidi Swap Minc Reactive Paint. One simply lays the stencil over the project and applies the art screen paint/ink or in this case, the Reactive Paint, through the stencil. Note: Make sure to remove the stencil carefully. The bottom is mildly adhesive but can stick to areas that have media on them. Also, make sure you wash your stencil straight away. The material of the stencil is reusable which is awesome.
Once the paint was dry, I placed some Teal Min Reactive Foil over the stenciled areas and ran it through my Minc Machine on heat setting 3.
If some areas didn’t cover perfectly, it just added to the feel of the project!
Over the top of the foil detail, I have also added some Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paint in Cotton Candy colour. The soft pink was applied through a spotty Heidi Swapp stencil, which came in a Minc Starter Kit.
Another accent which I have used for a bit more interest, are these Jane Davenport Rub On Transfers. Shaped like little brush marks, these transfers go on beautifully over a bit of texture and they have an ever-so-subtle transparency about them, so they don’t overpower everything underneath.
Now it was time to add some pretty elements to my art. I hand cut a figure from my Jane Davenport Paper Pad and placed it off-centre. I really wanted to keep as much detail from the base layer as possible.
You will also notice I have used some floral elements. The flower shapes were cut from an old book I bought for next to no money at a thrift store. I placed the flower metal die shapes from a Vicki Boutin Stamp & Die Set, onto my Evolution Magnetic Cutting Mat and proceeded to run them through my Evolution Advanced. I absolutely LOVE my magnetic mat. It eliminates waste as I can line my dies up perfectly and they don’t budge when I pop them through the die cut machine.
You might also see lots and lots of little markings on the project, which were created with Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. I love these little babies and the colours I used on this piece were ‘Beach’ and ‘Jellyfish’.
I just love how all of the elements have come together!
Thank you so much for joining me today.
Dear Lizzy Stencil
Vicki Boutin Acrylic Paint Cotton Candy
WRMK Wildflower Stickers