Hi there! It’s Terhi Koskinen here inspiring you to play with your We R Memory Keepers punches and other tools – and to make a wonderful mini album!
I have a video in the end of this blog post, so you can see exactly how I have created the mini.
The idea for this book is to give it as a gift for my lovely daughter, who turns thirteen in just few days. As her age, there are thirteen pages in this mini book and I will tell her to write thirteen delightful things during the summer break from her school. that’s of course voluntary, but I know she likes challenges like this.
Writing down things she enjoys and loves will not only be documented, but it will improve her chain of thoughts towards gratitude. For a teenager, grateful mind might be life saving while she is growing and having the teenage drama and mood swings.
The mini book was created using Color Study collection from American Crafts. It’s designed by Vicki Boutin and I just love her colorful and rich style. The elements are easy to combine together, all matches perfectly.
In addition to the lovely papers and stickers, I had wonderful time playing with my new best friends: All 3-in-1 Punches and Crop-A-Dile Multi Punches. We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Multi Punch is great as it’s both very practical to make holes where ever needed, but also makes super pretty details to all crafty projects!
Here is the video, just as promised (click here, if not visible below).
Here is instructions step-by-step:
- Start with cutting 2,5” wide paper slides. These will be the pages for the mini book. Cut the length as you want, mine are from 3” to 4,5”.
- Adhere each piece of paper onto smooth colored cardstock. Use double-sided tape for adhering. Two papers makes the pages thick and better to handle. And it also gives a nice spot to write journaling.
- Use the new 3-in-1 punches to cut one end of each paper.
- Repeat the process with your photograph(s).
- Spread all your pages on your worktable and start designing the order of them. Then start decorating. Use ephemera, stickers and other embellishments of your choice.
- Don’t be scared about crossing the edges of your mini book pages. In fact, it will give the mini book very chunky, interesting look so go ahead and cross the limits!
- Fussy cut some flowers or other images from patterned papers, use them as embellishments, too.
- Use the new We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Multi Punch to make holes for metal ring, which keeps the mini book together.
- Gather all pages to hang on a metal ring and you’re finished!
Thank you for watching and visiting here today. Have a great day!
660093 Mini Guillotine Cutter
60000079 Crop-A-Dile Multi Punch
60000041 3-in-1 Banner Punch
60000038 3-in-1 Angled Tag Punch
60000040 3-in-1 Rounded Tag Punch