Transfer Quill Instructions
CHOKING HAZARD, small parts.
Transfer Pens are not a toy and not intended for children.
Transfer Pens have no customer serviceable parts, do not disassemble.
Use only for intended purposes.
Use heat protection to place and remove projects from oven.
Store Transfer Pens horizontally for longer lifespan.
Use of Transfer Pens with some cutting machines may void the manufacturer’s warranty. Note that if your machine was not purchased within the last year, it may already be out of warranty.
For a limited warranty register this product at: www.wermemorykeepers.com/warranty
1. Freestyle a design with your Transfer Pens or create a design with your electronic cutting machine using Transfer Quill Adapters (for instructions see Using Pen Adapters)
2. Create design on plain white cardstock. Thin paper may cause bleeding of ink onto Silicone Wrap or heat press.
3. Design should be mirrored image of final design.
1. Select coordinating pen adapter for your electronic cutting machine and attach to Fabric Quill Pen.
A: Silhouette Portrait, Cameo 1-3
D: Sizzix, Silhouette Cameo 4
2. Insert chosen pen into machine and fasten according to machine instructions. If machine has both blade and pen carriages use pen carriage.
3. Follow your machine’s operating instructions for drawing pen.
1. Tape design ink side down onto Transfer Blank (sold separately) with Heat Resistant Tape. 2. Preheat oven to 400oF (200oC).
3. Using Silicone Zip ties, secure the Heat TransferTM Silicone Wrap around the Transfer Blank to provide pressure for transfer.
4. When necessary connect multiple zip-ties to reach around the entire circumference of your Transfer Blank.
5. Place in preheated oven for 13 minutes to transfer design.
6. Remove from oven. Caution: Use heat protection to remove from oven.
7. Allow to cool completely before removing wrap, tape, and paper.
Transfer coating enhances the vibrancy and fade resistance to non-polyester blend fabrics. Results may vary depending on fabric type. Test the steps below on a small sample of your fabric, minor adjustments in time or temperature may be necessary depending on your fabric type.
1. Mist or brush your transfer coating on to the fabric of your choice.
2. Allow to dry. For a quicker dry time, a heat gun can be used. Fabric will stiffen when coating has completely dried.
3. Once your coating has completely dried, follow the steps for Transferring your Image
Note: Transfer Pens work on polyester-blend fabrics, and Transfer Blanks without Transfer Coating.
Test the steps below on a small sample of your fabric, minor adjustments in time or temperature may be necessary depending on your fabric type.
Tape design ink side down onto coated project with Heat Resistant
Preheat iron or heat press to 400oF (200oC).
Apply heat & pressure for 30 seconds.
Remove from press. Caution: Use heat protection to remove from press.
Allow to cool completely before removing tape and paper.