Is it me or this year is going by so fast!! It’s already back to school time!! For today’s project I created a back to school themed tumbler for my favorite teacher!
There will be a video tutorial on WeRMemoryKeepers YouTube Channel! But here are the steps on how I created it!
- With the tumbler on the Spin-It Pro coat your tumbler with glue – I used Mod Podge
2. sprinkle the glitter all over the cup (Let dry for about 30 minutes to an hour
3. Turn on Spin-it Pro and coat cup with clear epoxy resin
4. Mix clear epoxy with the same glitter as base. This will help cover any imperfections if any. I had a few imperfections that I wanted to cover so this step came in very handy.
5. Once you have mixed the epoxy with glitter, pour slowly on the cup while the Spin-It Pro is on. ( Reminder- resin is self leveling so it will even out as it spins)
6. Let dry for 24 hours.
7. Cut out a “crayon tumbler” SVG file using your cutting machine. You can find the SVG file on Etsy but you can easily create a file if you would like.
8. Use black vinyl and weed it with your favorite WRMK weeding tools.
9. Stick the permanent vinyl on the tumbler and place tumbler back on the Spin-It Pro
10. Coat with one last coat of clear resin, let dry for 24 hours on the Spin-It Pro and your new Tumbler is ready!
You can re-create this project in as many colors as you want! They make the perfect teacher gift!
Products used – Heat Gun – 661093, Spin-It Pro – 661054, Blue Extra Fine Glitter