Hello We R friends, it’s Aly here today! Can you believe it’s “back to school” season already? I’m totally not ready for my kids to go back to school, so I thought a fun Back to School Party might help us all get excited for the new school year!
Since I really want this celebration to be special, I pulled out my Foil Quill Pens and Foil to add some sparkle and shine. The Holiday USB Design Drive has some fun school themed art so I started there and added a few things from my own library of SVG files.
I love combining foiling with cutting because it makes my projects go much more quickly. Using my Silhouette Cameo 3, here’s how I foiled two colors and die cut the cupcake wrappers:
- Heat up your Foil Quill. Open your cut files and your foiling files and arrange them at the bottom end of the mat on your screen.
- Using the Line Style tool create different color lines for each color of foil, and for the cut files as well.
- Click “SEND” and then “Line” at the top right of your screen. Insert your Foil Quill in the tool holder with the blue circle and make sure your blade is in the tool holder with the red circle.
- Check the box for the first color of foil, adjust your settings for your material. Be sure the blue tool holder is selected (the small circle on the right) and load the mat in the machine with the material and foil placed at the bottom end of your mat. Click “SEND”.
- When the foiling is finished, the machine will move the mat most of the way out of the machine. Do not unload the mat! Carefully peel off the foil, and then add the second color of foil while the mat is still loaded in the machine.
- Unselect the box for the first color of foil, and select the box for the second foil color. Adjust the settings. Be sure the blue tool holder is selected. Click “SEND”.
- As before, do not unload the mat when the machine is done foiling the second color. Carefully remove the foil.
- Unselect the box for the second color of foil, and select the box for the cut files. Be sure the red tool holder is selected (on the left) and click “SEND”.
- Assemble the cupcake wraps with hot glue or strong double sided craft tape
For the cupcake wrappers I used the Foil Quill to add the sentiment. Then for the paper airplane toppers I used it to create a patterned background on my cardstock, trimmed several 3×3 inch squares, and then used the Mini Score Board to help fold the mini paper airplanes.
To make the framed art, I used one of the designs from the Holiday USB drive as a cut file on white vinyl, and then adhered it to the 9×13 Crate Paper Magnet Studio chalkboard frame. The Large Bone Folder help to smooth out the vinyl nicely. I foiled the apple design from the Holiday USB drive on red vinyl, cut a circle around it and then adhered it to the chalkboard. I love the result!
To make the banner, I used the apple design again but created a repeating pattern with it to make my own foiled patterned paper! So cool!
The new 12 x 12 Foil Sheets came in really handy for this job. I just placed them over my cardstock, foiled the entire thing, and then used my Banner Punch Board to make the banners.
I hope these Foil Quill Back to School Party Ideas have inspired you to get out your Foil Quill and start creating. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!